Mahi Mahi by Matthew Cormack
I used leftover 12mm marine ply from the floor of my boat. I traced the fish off a photo by eye onto one of the pieces and roughly band sawed it out. I used that as a template to draw it onto three more pieces and band sawed them all out. The four fish shaped pieces of ply were laminated using Aquadhere, a wood glue. I used the Turbo Plane to rough out the form of the fish, using the layering in the wood to help with the contours (see unfinished picture showing the contours). It was finished with the Mini-Turbo and Contour Sander prior to using diluted food colouring to add the colour.